38 Year Resident of Doney Park, 40 Years as a Science Educator
No one is more equipped to serve District 4 than Bryan
I come from a family engaged with community service. I spent 40 years as a science educator and now have the opportunity to give back to the place I call home.
If elected, I will:
- Keep my constituents respectfully informed of County activities and opportunities
- Continue to improve planned development, road maintenance and other public services
- Create county-wide (potentially multi-county), long-term water use and flood management plans
- Continue forest health treatment to reduce potential catastrophic fire risk.
- Increase support of our educational system to maintain high-quality teachers, counselors, and staff who serve our children and future
- Fund the criminal justice system to become more efficient and effective with less backlog.
- Attend to County fiscal management and efficient use of tax-payer funds
On Nov 20, I attended a meeting of the Four Forests Restoration Initiative (4-FRI) at the Coconino National Forests Supervisors Office. 4-FRI is a collaboration of four national forests in Northern Arizona and a collection of other stakeholders who are committed to reducing the risk of catastrophic wildfire in our region. In its 10-year history,… Read more
This week, I had the opportunity to talk with radio host and former City Council member Jeff Oravits and some of his callers. Listen in: https://jefforavits.wordpress.com/2019/11/13/show-742-supervisor-candidate-bryan-bates-vacation-rentals-reclaimed-water-trump-impeachment/
Bates and Begay meet in Cameron On Nov 11, Bryan Bates and Judy Begay, both Democratic candidates for County Board of Supervisors, Dist. 4, got together for breakfast in Cameron, AZ. They discussed numerous items including the absolute necessity of beating Bob Thorpe. Judy is concerned about the County road maintenance and the challenges Navajos… Read more
I attended a Town Hall sponsored by Congressman Tom O’Halleran on Nov 4. Over the past few years, the VA has been working to better serve our veterans. They admit that there are still issues and they have improved access to VA services both electronically and per transportation. The VA pledged to make sure that… Read more
This link will take you to Bryan’s ActBlue donation account so that you can donate online and setup a recurring monthly donation.
If you prefer to donate by check, please mail your check to Bates for County Supervisor, POB 3601, Flagstaff, AZ 86003. The law requires us to collect certain information, so please tell us your occupation and employer’s name (if you’re retired, just say that).
hours minutes seconds