I’ve spent the better part of the last year talking to as many voters as I can. Now it is time for you to vote in the Primary Election. I humbly ask for your vote.
If you haven’t already taken the opportunity to return your ballot by mail or early-vote in person, please make a plan to do so before 7 p.m. on Tuesday! August 4 is Primary Election Day and polling places will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Please take a moment today and call three friends to remind them to vote — for me if they live in District 4!
Our County Recorder Patty Hansen and Secretary of State Katie Hobbs have taken many steps to make voting safe. Many polling places have been moved to larger venues in order to allow for social distancing. There will be plexiglass shields for the poll workers and hand sanitizer. Please take your own pen! Everyone entering a polling place must wear a mask. For the few who cannot wear masks, curbside voting will be offered with two poll workers carrying your ballot to and from your car. Not sure where you’re polling place is? Here is a way to find it.
On Tuesday, anyone who lives in the County may vote at three Vote Centers, regardless of where their local polling place is. These Vote Centers are the Flagstaff Mall (where the old Denny’s used to be — use that exterior entrance), the NAU Skydome, and the Tuba City High School.
In addition, anyone who is concerned about COVID exposure or has any other emergency that prevents them from voting on Tuesday may vote on Monday at any of the County’s emergency voting locations. Here is a list of locations and hours for emergency voting.
If you received your ballot by mail, it is too late to return it by mail. Here are your options if you live in District 4:
- Take it to one of the county drop boxes before 7 pm on Tuesday — take it today if you can! Here is where those boxes are.
- Return it to the County Elections Offices at the Flagstaff Mall (next to Dillards) on Monday from noon to 5 pm
- Return it to the County drive-through service window at 2304 N. 3rd St, Flagstaff on Monday from 8 am to 5 pm
- Return it to the Tuba City Elections Office in the Basement of Tuba City Library on Monday from 8 am to noon (local time — DST)
- Take it to your polling location or one of the Vote Centers on Tuesday between 6 am and 7 pm
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION!