Bryan Bates is a founding member of the Flagstaff Water Group through which he has made important contributions to Flagstaff discussions concerning water purity, conservation, and rates. Through his work with the team, he’s demonstrated key qualities that would serve the county well:
- Bryan operates from an outstanding set of core values. He takes a long-term view of human and environmental health and responsibilities.
- Bryan is a scientist, lifelong learner, and has a healthy curiosity about the workings of all things. This makes him well positioned to evaluate issues and ask probing questions.
- He is a patient and careful listener. He recognizes and is able to articulate competing points of view. As a natural arbitrator, he looks for common ground and seeks solutions to reconcile different positions.
- Bryan has humility; he is receptive to learning from others.
- Bryan is organized and trustworthy. He delivers on his commitments.
For these reasons and more, his fellow members of the Flagstaff Water Group believe he would provide wise and excellent leadership for Coconino County. We believe Bryan is the best choice for the District 4 Supervisor position.
Flagstaff Water Group:
Ward Davis, George Kladnik, John Nauman, Robert Vane